Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Keeping It Social

Social media.

We love it. We hate it. We love it. We want to throw our phone across the room. Oh, but my friends live in there!

It's supposed to be social, right? Entertaining. Fun. Interactive. Engaging.

Participating in social media should be like a giant, never-ending party on the Internet!

As a blogger, I know that there are lots of ways we use social media other than sharing photos, commenting on status updates, planning (IRL) parties and giggling at silly memes.

We bloggers share our blog post links. Then we share other blog links because we liked them and think you might like them too. News agencies are now keeping us updated on social media, people are debating politics, religion and gossiping about celebrities. And then there's advertising via social media.

So much so that it's often hard to just have a convo with someone.

Have you noticed this? I have. So has my friend Jennifer at Dancing in the RainShe and I want to get some of the friendly exchanges back into our social media lives.

We've chosen a #hashtag and a day and time to have a twitter party!

To just chat with people. Gab. Jabber. Prattle. Engage in friendly discourse.

However you say it, you should join us because it will be FUN!

What: Keep Social Media Social Twitter Party
When: Saturday, 7:00-8:00 PM (PST)
Where: On Twitter with @JenAnnHall (Jen) and @momma23monkeys (me!)
Why: "Cause we miss just chatting with people!
Hashtag: #KeepSMSocial



11 comments:

@dkotucker said...

Great idea!!! I'm in! I'm writing myself a reminder as I type. :)

Robbie K said...

Great! Glad you are joining us!

mail4rosey said...

I like social media, and I am your latest follower on Twitter. :)

#SITSBlogging

Robbie K said...

WOOHOO! Looking forward to talking to you and getting to know you better.

Unknown said...

Love meeting new bloggers, thanks! :)

Roni Faida said...

I've noticed people will be out together but everyone will be on the phone and no one is talking. I think it's sad! #SITSBlogging

Fritter said...

I love you and would LOVE this. Poop on the fact it's like 2am or something crazy my time- or I'd be there :)

Shalunya21 said...

Wait! You mean we are suppose to interact with each other? I say something to you, you say something back. I say something else and so on. I seem to recall that as being the art of conversation but I don't recall having any in the recent past. I'll talk to later...... nvm, just tweet me.

It's become a crazy world when we have to have challenges to see who can go the longest without checking their phone. Great post. Thanks for sharing #SITSBlogging

The Mommy-Files said...

That sounds like a ton of fun! I would love to join in! Great to meet you! #SITSBlogging

Alexandra said...

Trying to #keepitsocial myself

http://www.accessoryfanatic.com/

Stephanie @Cat Lady Runs said...

I love this idea. I agree that for all the "socializing" I do with people there's not a whole lot of genuine conversation. I am more of an introvert though so after a long day of being forced to socialize at work its nice to quietly interact with others online.